Wednesday, April 1, 2015

"little sweet one"

This journey across Provence and now into Italy has been so many things... freeing, stressful, exhausting, exhilarating, breathtaking and at times achingly sweet.
A gift I've given myself. A simple yet fantastic blip outside of my not always so comfortable comfort zone.
A push past loneliness, a shove past the easy excuse "of staying to help" and a leap that this would be something I really am glad I made happen.
After two full days of travel, broken only to worship the Mediterraneé, collect sea glass, and eat and drink local food and wine,
I am so weary -but I believe I will be very happy I made this happen.

Ventimiglia Alta

The Italian word dolcetto means "little sweet one". Not because the wine is sweet, it's nearly always quite dry, but possibly for the name of the hills where the vine is cultivated.
I've decided to stay put in this sweet town. It's a bit loud outside my window, but I feel a strong attraction to this place.
This house (a gorgeous big old thing where I found a room on Airbnb), this area and I have not seen enough of this ocean to gallivanting off toward any mountains yet...
Today I'll not drive anywhere.
I'll explore on foot.
Practice a bit of self care- maybe even a nap.
I'll consider venturing further tomorrow, but for today
I'll stay here in this little sweet place.
Ciao



Dinner last night.
Trofia- a local pasta served with pesto that was so rich and flavorful with a bite of basil, amazing olive oil and you could really taste the rich pine nuts and Parmegiano Reggiano. Accompanied by a glass of Dolcetto. So simple. So heavenly.


1 comment:

  1. YUM!!!! the picture at the top is gorgeous..I want to walk out there... love you

    ReplyDelete

thanks for reading!